I’ve successfully submitted version 3 to the marketplace. Given that Microsoft’s testers have no problems it should be available as soon as they’re done. The biggest change as I’ve previously posted is import/export of recipes. My suggestion to get started with this feature is to follow these steps:
- Navigate to the recipes page(pivot) where all your recipes are listed. There’s a new button to go to the import screen.
- You’ll see a selection box and a browser window. Select the Pocket Brewer Recipes choice to start.(notice the top title will show waiting, loading to let you know what the browser is doing)
- The browser should show you a list of most recently added recipes. Try just clicking one and it’ll navigate to a page for the recipe. Once the top title says only “Pocket Brewer” then you can click the check button.
- If the recipe is successfully read from the browser you should see it’s name with a check box next to it.
- Check the box and press the check button again. A message box should tell you the recipe was successfully imported.
- Press the back button on your phone to go back to your recipes list. You’ll see the recipe imported.(notice that on the recipe import page there’s another back button. This button is for the browser)
- Notice in the web browser on the Pocket Brewer Recipes option there is a search box in the website. I have been tagging recipes accordingly so you can search for ale, lager, etc.
These are the basic steps to import a recipe. Similarly the other choices in the drop down box will allow you to log-in to your Yahoo or Google email if you’ve exported a recipe from Pocket Brewer yourself. You can re-import recipes this way. You can also use the copy/paste functionality of the phone itself. Notice on the import page there’s a button with two arrows. Clicking that button will hide the browser and show a text box. If you copy/paste the <RecipeClass></RecipeClass> data(and everything in between) from a recipe you exported from Pocket Brewer in to this box and click the check button it will import.
I will try to make a video in the next couple of weeks demonstrating the use of the import functionality. Until then please feel free to email me for help.